There are loads of steak recipes on the internet, and we've tried a lot of them! in our humble opinion this is one of the best ribeye steak recipes we've come across. Strong flavors complement the bold flavors of ribeye and are perfictly matched with a light salad. For a weeknight meal, it doesn't get better than this.
- 1 grass fed ribeye steak
- salt and pepper
- 3 TB vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup of lime juice from 2 limes
- 1/4 cup of fish sauce
- 2 TB brown sugar
- 2 tsp Asian chili-garlic sauce
- 1/2 head napa cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh mint
- 1/4 cup chopped roasted peanuts
- 4 oz of dried vermicelli noodles
- Servings: 4
- Prep Time: 45 minutes
- This Recipe is: Dairy Free, Egg Free, Gluten Free
- Cook For: Dinner, Lunch
- Cuisine Type: Asian
- Author: Adapted from America's Test Kitchen
- Pat steak dry with a paper towel. Salt and pepper the steak.
- Heat 1 TB of vegetable oil in a skillet over medium heat
- Cook the steak over direct heat for 2 - 3 minutes per side, then move off the heat
- Once cooked, leave the steak to rest for 5 minutes.
- Soak the vermicelli noodles in warm water for 10-15 minutes until soft. Drain and rinse in cold water. Set aside.
- Whisk lime juice, fish sauce, sugar and chili-garlic sauce in a large bowl until sugar dissolves. Drizzle 3 TB of the mixture over the meat.
- Whisk remaining oil into the remaining lime juice mixture and add the cabbage and mint and toss to combine. Thinly slice the steak, toss with peanuts and cabbage then serve over vermicelli noodles.
Do you think this is the best ribeye steak recipe? Let us know!
Sourcing your steak: Acabonac Farms offers convenient and affordable ribeye steak delivery direct to your door! Our 100% grass fed steaks come from our Long Island regenerative farm - offering the best tasting and most nutritious meat around.