We love a bit of spice at Acabonac, so recently when we had the urge to sweat we decided to try a spicy twist on a traditional lamb curry recipe. Made with tender lamb stew meat, this recipe takes the traditional curry to a whole new level. The combination of tender meat, aromatic spices, and a touch of heat creates a dish that will leave you craving for more. Whether you're a fan of Indian cuisine or simply looking to spice up your dinner menu, our spicy lamb curry is a must-try. Let's dive in!
Acabonac's Spicy Lamb Curry Recipe:
- 2 pounds lamb stew meat, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1-inch piece of fresh ginger, grated
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper (adjust to your preferred level of spiciness)
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1 cup canned diced tomatoes
- 1 cup coconut milk
- Salt, to taste
- Fresh cilantro, for garnish
- Heat vegetable oil in a large, deep pan over medium heat. Add the chopped onion and cook until golden brown.
- Add the minced garlic and grated ginger to the pan. Sauté for a minute until fragrant.
- Add the lamb stew meat to the pan and cook until browned on all sides.
- In a small bowl, combine the ground cumin, ground coriander, ground turmeric, cayenne pepper, and garam masala. Stir well to create a spice blend.
- Sprinkle the spice blend over the lamb stew meat and stir to coat the meat evenly.
- Add the diced tomatoes to the pan and stir to combine with the meat and spices.
- Pour in the coconut milk and season with salt to taste. Stir well.
- Reduce the heat to low, cover the pan, and let the curry simmer for 1 to 1.5 hours, or until the lamb is tender and the flavors have melded together.
- Taste the curry and adjust the seasoning if needed.
- Serve the Spicy Lamb Curry over steamed basmati rice or with warm naan bread. Garnish with fresh cilantro leaves.
Lamb Curry Recipe Variations:
- For an extra kick of heat, add chopped fresh chili peppers or a teaspoon of red chili powder.
- Enhance the flavor profile by adding vegetables such as diced potatoes, carrots, or bell peppers to the curry during the cooking process.
- For a creamier texture, substitute half of the coconut milk with Greek yogurt or heavy cream.
Our lamb curry recipe tastes the best when it's made with tender lamb stew meat from the pastured lambs of Acabonac Farms. The rich combination of spices, tender meat, and creamy coconut milk will leave you wanting more with each bite. Whether you're a curry enthusiast or simply looking to add a touch of spice to your dinner table, our spicy lamb curry recipe is a perfect choice. Try out this recipe and experience the incredible flavors for yourself.