Lamb heart nutrition:
Lamb hearts are a true nutritional powerhouse. As both a muscle and organ meat, lamb heart offers a wide array of health benefits. Packed with high levels of protein, it contains all nine essential amino acids, making it a complete protein source. Additionally, lamb heart is rich in B vitamins, providing increased energy levels, and boasts a range of minerals crucial for maintaining optimal body functions.
Cooking Lamb Heart: Bringing Out the Flavor and Tenderness
Preparing lamb heart is similar to cooking beef heart, requiring a small amount of prepping before cooking. Here's how to get started:
- Begin by slicing any fat or sinue off the top of the heart.
- Find the diagonal line on the outside of the heart and insert the knife into the heart from the top then carve along this line to create a flap. Remove this flap where it reattaches back to the heart. This is your first steak.
- Next insert the knife into the cavity of the remaining heart muscle and cut down to make filet that lays flat. Trim and discard any tubes or vessels from the interior. This filet can be cut in half to form two smaller steaks.
Once you have your butchered lamb hearts, you can proceed with the cooking process. We recommend marinating the lamb hearts in olive oil and your choice of spices for approximately two hours. Following the marinade, a quick grill or pan fry for about two minutes per side is all it takes to cook the lamb hearts to perfection. It's important to avoid overcooking the lamb heart to maintain a tender texture.
Recipe Ideas with Lamb Heart
Here are some easy recipe ideas to inspire your culinary adventures with lamb heart.
Grilled Lamb Heart Skewers
- Marinate lamb heart chunks in a marinade of olive oil, lemon juice, and herbs.
- Skewer the marinated pieces and grill until cooked for a fun appetizer or main course.
Spiced Lamb Heart Stir-Fry
- Sauté thinly sliced lamb heart with an assortment of colorful vegetables and aromatic spices for a quick and flavorful stir-fry.
Lamb Heart Salad
- Thinly slice cooked lamb heart and combine it with a bed of fresh mixed greens, cherry tomatoes, cucumbers, and a tangy vinaigrette dressing for a nutritious and satisfying salad.
About Our Lamb
At Acabonac Farms, our lambs thrive within a natural ecosystem alongside our other animals. They graze through our pastures, sharing the landscape with cattle, chicken, and pigs. This regenerative ranching practice allows each animal to contribute its own unique qualities to our sustainable farming methods.
Save When You Buy Pasture Raised Lamb Heart In Bulk
With Acabonac Farms, the more you buy, the more you save. Take advantage of our bulk lamb heart packages to enjoy savings on every order. Additionally, sign up for a recurring order to unlock even more benefits!