We love this steak salad as a planned dinner or excellent way to use leftover steak! With the majority of the work going towards making the dressing, this is an easy meal prep idea as well.
- 2 grass fed NY strip steaks
- 1/2 cup of olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 TB dijon mustard
- 10 ounces white mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1 bag mixed greens
- 2 TB capers, minced
- 1/2 cup sliced cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup crumbled blue cheese
- Servings: 4
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- This Recipe is: Egg Free, Gluten Free, Nut Free
- Cook For: Dinner, Lunch
- Cuisine Type: American
- Author: Adapted from America's Test Kitchen
Steak Salad Instructions:
- Pat steaks dry with a paper towel. Salt and pepper the steak.
- Heat 2 TB of olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat
- Once you see steam rising off the skillet, you are ready to grease it with a little fat and begin searing.
- Sear the steaks over direct heat for 2 minutes per side, then move them off the heat, cover, and cook and extra 4 minutes (or until desired doneness).
- Once cooked, leave the steak to rest for 5 minutes.
- Make the dressing. Whisk vinegar, shallot, mustard and remaining oil in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- Return skillet to medium-high heat. Add mushrooms and 3 TB dressing and cook until mushrooms are golden brown, 6-8 minutes. Set aside and allow mushrooms to cool for 5 minutes.
- Toss mixed greens, capers, mushrooms, tomatoes and remaining dressing in a bowl.
- Slice the steak thinly against the grain.
- Plate steak salad by adding steak to the bowl with greens and sprinkle with blue cheese.
Leave a comment (all fields required)